DAY OF THE SEAFARER

Some moments of life become memorable for your whole life and do come to mind from time to time. Alike an occasion in my seafarer employment still in my mind even after seven years of retirement. When I think about that moment my soul shivers. Then I try my best to stick my mind to other works and change my focus. Something very worst happened on that occasion which continuously keeps me reminded of my regret.

Alas! Wish I was able to save the life of that innocent child who was in between the sharp teeth of a strong shark fish. I was working as a watch leader at that time and my duty was to alert my captain of any danger. We were towards our destination Australia from Barbados, West Indies. In mid of night, I noticed the movement of a shark just a few KM away from our ship. I feel danger and before I went to alert my captain of the situation that shark attacked the ship. A large number of people were traveling with us with families. And one family had a six-year-old child with them.

Regret of my seafarer employment

I haven't seen a shark in this furious mood in my whole career.  The little child was watching it from an open window fall out of the ship after the hit of the shark. The intensity of the shark’s hit was too high as everyone on the ship feels it. The shark sees that child and moves towards him quickly. I with other crew members and the life saver team dive into the sea to distract the focus of the shark. But all in vain we won't be able to turn the focus of the shark.

Soon after shark bites the little child in front of my eyes. He cries for help but the shark takes him far away from us in its mouth. A little child scarifies his life and saves many other lives. This moment was the harshest of my life. All of the remaining people reached the destination safely. Whenever my mind feels free the cries of that child start in my mind and my heart weeps tears of blood. I pray he gets heaven upon his sacrifice for us.

 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything is achievable

DO YOU ALSO WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

SEND MONEY FROM CANADA TO INDIA