The Shoe of My Husband Got Stolen

 My name is Priya and I am an Indian citizen. A few years ago I went for studies in Australia which was my dream. I didn’t even think that this tour will become so special in my life. I met with James there who was my class fellow. He was famous as a wandering student in the University. He never stays back in University after off time.  Girls in our University were eager to have friendships with him but not me. I believe these kinds of characters only use others for their benefit. But one happening melts my heart towards him and eventually, he became my husband.


Somewhere outside the University, I saw him dividing some cash and gifts among poor people. I can’t believe that a person who was famous as a rule-breaker, has such a soft heart towards the poor. Then I decided to approach him to find the reason for the 360-degree change in his character. Upon my query firstly he was hesitant to respond and then told the whole story behind the change in behavior. I still remember the words he said at that time.

He said, “I belonged to a poor family and today’s society never accepts a poor person. And believes that every human whether rich or poor must be served on an equal basis”. After University, he also does a job and earns money with the motive to help the poor.

His humankind nature melts my heart and I purposed to him on the spot which he accepts later. After the wedding, on our visit to India for a meetup with family, he faces a tradition that he had never learned about. A ritual with the name of “Juta Chupai” (shoe stolen) was done by my sisters. They stole his one shoe when he sleeps as per tradition. When my husband got up he found a single shoe and start making noise that the thefts had taken away his shoe. I ignored him the whole day and he was walking around the whole village just in one shoe.

Everybody was laughing at him and finally, my mother told him about the truth and he pays 50 thousand rupees for a ritual. He shows some anger toward me as well but becomes happy after some time. Now we have 3 Childs and I believe I have the best husband and best father of my children. I always feel like a queen in his presence and a lot of love for his hard work for us.  It’s an unconditional relationship and incomplete with each other. I request every woman to appreciate their husband’s efforts on husband appreciation day and make them feel special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything is achievable

DO YOU ALSO WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

SEND MONEY FROM CANADA TO INDIA